Did you know that each year more than 2,500 people die due to home fires? This is a startling statistic because home fires can be prevented or detected in most situations. Fires spread within minutes causing death, property loss, damage, etc. Fuller Fire is a family owned business so we know how important it is to protect your loved ones. Here we offer you some tips for home fire safety.
1. Create a fire escape plan. If you live alone or live with family, it is important to create an escape plan and practice it often. Make sure all occupants in your home are aware of this plan. If a fire were to break out in your home, the quicker you prepare the better.
2. Make sure your home has smoke alarms. Not only does your home need a smoke alarm, it is also important to make sure the alarms are working properly so you can ensure that your family is safe 24 hours, 7 days a week. Be sure to check the batteries often and change your smoke alarm about every 8-10 years.
3. Consider installing a fire sprinkler system at your home. Fire sprinkler systems can tame or even extinguish a fire. Having a fire sprinkler system gives you a little more comfort than just owning a smoke alarm.
4. Many fires occur in the kitchen. Always stay in the kitchen when you are frying, boiling, or grilling anything. Never leave the stove on for long periods of time.
5. Check appliance cords often to make sure they are not worn or damaged. Replace damaged or worn appliance cords.
These tips can help you be a bit safer when it comes to home fire safety. If you have children, teach them that fire can be dangerous and make sure they are aware of the consequences of playing with fire. At Fuller Fire, you safety is important to us. If in need of any of our services, do not hesitate to contact us.